This Grade II listed Georgian house lies within the Bayswater Conservation Area of Westminster. The house is part of a substantial five-storey terrace built in 1830, with unified front elevations in London stock brick and rusticated stucco.
The project includes the replacement of a single glazed conservatory at first floor with a contemporary extension, to create a new oak-lined study. At basement level, a new infill extension creates a luxurious guest suite finished in black oak, with the lightwell in a contrasting white brick.
The ground floor is reconfigured to provide a formal dining space with a frameless picture window overlooking the lower level rear garden. The kitchen is relocated to the front reception room, which enjoys generous ceiling heights and dual aspect sash windows. The split level gardens are to be landscaped with waxed iroko timber furniture, planting and lighting.
The house is to be rewired with a sophisticated AV and IT system featuring integrated speakers and digital lighting controls to all rooms. A cinema room with bespoke joinery and furniture is located in the basement.
Internally, new and old elements are connected with bookmatched, black-oiled oak joinery and wall linings. A lightly honed volcanic rock floor continues from the interior to the external light well and terraces above.
Albion Street, Westminster W2