Architecture for London is looking for an experienced engineer with a passion for low embodied energy structures to join its London-based team.
The role requires at least three years’ post-qualification experience working within UK practice. This role is ideal for someone looking to take on more responsibility and leadership with potential to grow their own structural team.
Environmental impact is a key consideration in our work. We take a research-based, fabric first approach to sustainability that carefully considers the embodied energy of materials and the energy performance of our buildings in use. We work toward Passivhaus and EnerPHit standards of comfort and low energy, creating sustainable homes.
The successful applicants will have the following skills:
- A wide range of experience across private residential and other sectors
- Outstanding design talent
- Autonomously work across various projects and RIBA work stages
- Work as an integral part of a design team
- Excellent digital model making abilities
- Good understanding of sketching, drafting and industry standard analysis tools
- AutoCAD experience preferable
- Specialism in timber and stone construction
- Strong knowledge of energy efficient design alternatives
Our studio is a friendly and collaborative environment where the team is encouraged and provided with the opportunity to develop and progress. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from minority background candidates typically underrepresented across the built environment.
Benefits and studio culture:
- Nest Ethical Fund pension scheme
- Professional membership fees paid
- Training and development opportunities
- Study leave days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced paternity and maternity leave
- CPDs and internal talks
- Yearly eye exams
- Health and wellbeing including cycling expeditions, lunchtime badminton or table tennis and summer sports evenings.
- Fresh fruit and bread provided by the studio daily
- Twice monthly team lunch cooked by team members
- A calm, creative and light filled studio space
- We are a tight-knit team and have regular studio outings and social events
- Model workshop including a 3D printer and laser cutter
Salary will be commensurate with ability and experience.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
Both part-time and full-time applications will be considered.
|Please submit your CV and optional portfolio (PDFs only, no more than 25 pages) by email.|