Architecture for London is seeking project architects with a passion for good design that touches lightly on the earth. We are a studio dedicated to the creation of sustainable buildings and places.
Environmental impact is a key consideration in our work. We take a research-based, fabric first approach to sustainability that carefully considers the embodied energy of materials and the energy performance of our buildings in use. We work toward Passivhaus and EnerPHit standards of comfort and low energy, creating sustainable homes.
The role requires a portfolio showcasing UK private residential work.
The successful applicants will have the following skills:
- Strong conceptual, design and communication skills
- Excellent technical knowledge
- Minimum 3 years post RIBA part 3 experience
- Site experience and job running skills
- Excellent digital/physical model making, sketching and Photoshop skills
- Knowledge of statutory regulations, contracts, procurement and delivery requirements
- Keen interest in sustainability
- AutoCAD preferable
- Passivhaus qualification or experience beneficial
Our studio is a friendly and collaborative environment where the team is encouraged and provided with the opportunity to develop and progress. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from minority background candidates typically underrepresented across the built environment.
Benefits and studio culture:
- Nest Ethical Fund pension scheme
- ARB membership fees paid
- Training and development opportunities
- Study leave days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced paternity and maternity leave
- CPDs and internal talks
- Yearly eye exams
- Health and wellbeing including cycling expeditions, lunchtime badminton or table tennis and summer sports evenings.
- Fresh fruit and bread provided by the studio daily
- Twice monthly vegetarian team lunch cooked by team members
- A calm, creative and light filled studio space
- We are a tight-knit team and have regular studio outings and social events
- Model workshop including a 3D printer and laser cutter
Salary will be commensurate with ability and experience.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
The role is based full-time at our studio.
|Please submit your CV and portfolio (PDFs only, no more than 25 pages) by email.|