Architecture for London is seeking a planning consultant to join its London-based team.
We work on a range of projects across central London, with a focus on private homes. Environmental impact is a key consideration in our work. We work toward Passivhaus standards of comfort and low energy, creating sustainable homes.
The ideal candidate should be looking to grow their experience and responsibility.
The successful applicants will have the following skills:
- Relevant planning qualification with a minimum 2 years’ experience in the industry
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ensuring compliance with local planning regulations
- Knowledge of statutory regulations
- Proactive and logical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise workloads
- Good time management and prioritising skills
- Preparing planning applications and planning appeals as well as liaising and negotiating with the wider team
- Assessing projects for both risk and feasibility
Our studio is a friendly and collaborative environment where the team is encouraged and provided with the opportunity to develop and progress. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from minority background candidates typically underrepresented across the built environment.
Benefits and studio culture:
- Nest Ethical Fund pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Study leave days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced paternity and maternity leave
- CPDs and internal talks
- Yearly eye exams
- Health and wellbeing including cycling expeditions, lunchtime badminton or table tennis and summer sports evenings.
- Fresh fruit and bread provided by the studio daily
- Twice monthly team lunch cooked by team members
- A calm, creative and light filled studio space
- We are a tight-knit team and have regular studio outings and social events
- Model workshop including a 3D printer and laser cutter
Salary will be commensurate with ability and experience.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
The role is part-time based at our studio near Farringdon station.
|Please submit your CV and portfolio (PDFs only, no more than 25 pages) by email.|